fredag 3 juli 2009
Secret Pal 14
I have joined the Secret Pal 14 at Ravelry! I'm so excited about it, and here is the questionaere:
1. What is/are your favourite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely not like?
It depends on the time of the year. Right now I prefer cotton or linen. But never ever I like acrylic!
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
A plastic bag :-)
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I learned to knit in school, ages and ages ago, but have just knitted regularly the last three years. I think I can say I’m an intermediate knitter.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
5. What’s your favourite scent?
Just fresh air, I’m not very fond of perfumes and things that smell.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favourite candy?
No, not really, but I do like dark chocolates very much.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
No, unfortunately I have never learned to spin. I used to crochet a lot many years ago, as well as weaved and sewed, but not anymore. It’s just knitting!
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I think I like most kinds of music, classics, folk music, reggae … And yes, I can.
9. What’s your favourite colour(s)? Any colours you just can’t stand?
I like most colours, except pink and orange. But I’m more fond of bright and dark colours than pale ones, and just love multicoloured yarn!!!
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I’m married (with Jan) and have one son (Ulf, who’s living with Helene and they expect their first child in December) and one daughter (Karin, who is married with David, have a son - our beloved Alex – and is expecting their second child in November). But we don’t have any pet.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Scarves and mittens are frequently used but not hats or ponchos.
12. What is/are your favourite item/s to knit?
Oh dear, that change from one day to another! I do love to knit baby/child clothes (they are so fast to do :-)!), but likes very much to do cardigans, sweaters, socks, shawls and whatever for adults as well.
13. What are you knitting right now?
Woops, let me think! Two baby blankets, a pair of booties, one baby sweater, one child sweater, one baby hat, one child hat and am just about to start with a cardigan for Karin. With two expected grand child it is a lot of baby stuffs right now!
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes I would love to – if it is something that I / we can use! I am not very fond of handmade cakes and things like that.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminium, plastic?
I never use straight needles, except for dpt, and not even that very often. I use circular ones - and mostly my beloved Knit Pro! - for just about everything, even socks (Magic Loop, you know!)
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
One and a half year, I think
18. What is your favourite holiday? What winter holiday do you observe?
If I have to choose I think my favourite holiday is spent in a big city, a capital city or something like that. But now and then it’s lovely to be in a small place, too, if it just is enough of museums or other interesting places around. I don’t like to spend the holiday on a beach. A winter holiday will be spent in London, with Karin and her family, I’m not much of a skier!
19. Is there anything that you collect?
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I subscribe to Interweave Knits and about books and other patterns, there are so many lovely ones out there but non in particular that I can think of now. But I’m always looking for patterns for children, not the ordinary ones but with exciting motives on. Right now I’m looking for something with trains!
21. Are there any new techniques you’d like to learn?
I’m trying to learn stranded knitting and intarsia. Have done a few things but have still so much to learn about it!
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes, I have done quite some. My foot is just about 21 cm long.
23. When is your birthday?
18th of December
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what’s your ID?
Oh yes I am! My ID there is LenaL